Today was just one of those days where everything that could annoy me, tried to. It was where things felt frantic and chaotic. It was one, sadly, where it even felt hard to give praise to God because of the focus on how my day went.
I love God's Word. And i love how He still speaks through it to me. Tonight i was reading Psalm 103. It starts off with David saying:
"Praise the Lord, I tell myself; with my whole heart, I will praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, I tell myself, and never forget the good things He does for me."
David was considered a man after God's own heart, but yet he still had to tell himself to praise the Lord. Not once, but twice. The man who had defeated Goliath as just a boy, the man who fought with bare hands against lions and bears, the man whose bloodline God chose to send His one and only Son to save the world, had to tell himself to praise the Lord? I've had those moments, like today, where i had to tell myself to praise Him, as im sure everyone has had, including David.
I thought of the scripture where God says He inhabits, or lives in, the praises of His people. (Psalm 22:3)
Obviously the devil doesnt want us to give praise to God. Do you think he wants God to dwell in us? The answer would be no. Of course he is going to try to stop us from giving praise to the Lord. He's always going to try and throw circumstances at us to keep us from praising God. It's easy to praise the Lord when things are going easy, but when things are tough, it's hard. Thats when we bring a sacrifice of praise. Thats when we need to praise harder and stronger than ever. Praise is something to push us through whatever situations life puts us through. Praise is where God dwells!
No, praise isnt always easy to do. But isnt the God we serve worthy of it? Isnt He deserving? Our highest praise isnt enough for Him. He's that worthy and holy, that we could never praise Him enough. That is definitely a God worth praising with all we have.
As for me, I too, will praise the Lord.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment